Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Anti-Google Guerilla Movement

To go along with my previous post, I recently stumbled upon a website started by the firm Profero, the marketing firm that holds the accounts of Yahoo and Ask, to bring down the monopoly that google has on searches. The website is titled information revolution, to go along with the guerilla movement that is taking place around the UK. Below is a picture that was taken on a UK website of one of the posters to support the movement.



I find the poster pretty ineffective however because its hard to know A) who had made it and B) who they are referring to. I would otherwise consider it a successful strategy. Its similar to the strategy that apple had towards the anti-PC campaign.

However, I dont think this campaign will increase either of the search engines popularity since the poster seems almost sneeky because neither one of them take credit for the campaign. Unless you visit the teeny tiny website presented at the bottom of the poster were you would see that Ask takes the credit with their logo in the bottom right hand corner.

I dont see this campaign coming to the US any time soon, but im curious to see how this turns out in the UK. The website Information-revolution.org has a daily feed and informational part of the website so I will check it cause I find the movement pretty interesting.

No comments: